Developing and activating an awareness of Christ's message is our fundamental reason for existence. Here at St. Bede School, we often pray the Prayer to St. Bede to inspire us to be lifelong learners who strive for holiness, goodness, and wisdom.
In addition to daily instruction in religion, Saint Bede students experience liturgy, school and class Masses, prayer services, a sacramental program, altar server program, and junior high retreats. All students receive weekly liturgical instruction, and all are involved in on-going stewardship projects.
To foster the spiritual and moral growth of each child, we endeavor:
- to develop in our students a personal relationship with their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so that, appropriate to their age, they may give a personal "yes" to the faith of their baptism
- to nurture the growth of future, confident, and mature Christians
- to facilitate the integration of knowledge and practice of the Catholic faith with daily life
- to apply gospel values to decision making
Another aspect of ministry at St. Bede School is the stewardship program:
- Each class does an annual stewardship project.
- First grade students visit Parkview Home.
- They read stories to and sing along with residents.
- Second grade students harvest and package seeds from the school sunflowers.
- They send them to convalescent homes and other Catholic schools.